Sometimes you may need to reinstall an app on the HEX because it has stopped functioning properly. Before you try the reinstall you can try a Force stop to see if that fixes the problem. However, if you must reinstall the app you will need the app’s ‘.apk’ file. If you have saved a copy of the ‘.apk’ file in the storage area of your HEX or on a USB stick or other portable storage device, simply find the file using a file browser on the HEX and click on the file to reinstall.
If you do not have a saved copy of the app’s ‘.apk’ file and the app is currently installed on your HEX, you can find a copy of its ‘.apk’ file using the file browser app ES File Explorer. Here’s how:
- From the HOME
screen, click on the ES File Explorer app (icon is on the right side of
the screen and looks like a file folder).
- In ES File Explorer,
on the left side of the screen find the menu item Local. Just below it
there should be the item Homepage. If Homepage is not there,
click on Local and Homepage should appear below it.
- Click on Homepage.
On the upper right area on the screen there is an icon called APPS (green
icon that looks like an android). Click on it to open the installed apps
- Find the app you need to
reinstall, click-and-hold on the app to select it. On the bottom area of the
screen, click on Backup to copy the app’s ‘.apk’ file.
- Click the Back–button
on your remote to go back to the Home folder and find and click on the Backups
folder, then the Apps folder. You should see the app you selected now
stored in the Apps folder.
Before reinstalling the app, you need to uninstall the current version.
- From the HOME screen, click on the Settings icon (icon with the 2 gear wheels), then scroll down to More settings and click on it.
- Scroll down to Apps and click on it.
- Find and click on the app, then click Uninstall, then click OK. The app will now be uninstalled.
Now you can go ahead and reinstall the app.
- From the HOME screen, click on the ES File Explorer app (icon is on the right side of the screen and looks like a file folder).
- In ES File Explorer, on the left side of the screen find the item Local. Two lines below it there should be the item Home, click on it.
- Click on the folder Backups, then Apps and click on the app you previously saved and wish to reinstall.
- Click on Install in the Message box, then click Install again in the lower right corner.
- Once completed, click Open to open the app or click Done and then Exit to exit ES File Explorer.